Friday, July 13, 2012

Lessons From the Swarm

    Have you ever witnessed an event in real life that seems like it happens in cartoons? The cartoons that I'm talking about are the ones where one person disturbs a bee hive and people run around trying to avoid getting stung by an irate swarm of bees. I can say that I have.

   This post begins with a little background story. I currently work for my uncle's AC maintenance company. We go wherever the airconditioning units are at, whether they be in the roof or 24inch crawlspaces we go there and do the repairs.

    Today started out as a typical work day: cleaning AC coils, patching up leaks, checking refrigerant pressures, answering calls-returning calls, and booking appointments for repairs. The normalcy ended 6:30 p.m. While I was in the the truck checking over the next set of appointments I saw two guys just running outside and swatting the air. I thought nothing of it and I just resumed my work on the logbook organization. After a couple of minutes I looked up and saw the other construction workers running around in the roof and it dawned on me that they somehow irritated a pretty large swarm. The sequence of cartoon/real life event happened in this order from my point of view:

  1. Multiple people running around the roof to get away from the bee's
  2. One worker jump from from the ladder height approximately 15 ft. and he started running
  3. My co-worker who was on the roof followed suit, however he didn't jump and just scrambled down the ladder to find shelter in one of the buildings, but they were all closed. He ran into the truck and I managed to kill 4 and I tried to swat the remainder of the bees that were on him.
  4. The bees that were in the truck turned their attention on me. I ran outside the truck swatting them as I tried to find shelter. I found it in the form of my co-worker's girlfriend's car. She helped me kill off the 5 bees that were on my head.  
  5. My Co-Worker managed to get away from the bees that were in the work truck and join me and his girlfriend in the car. I was able to remove 15 stingers from his head. He was in pain and I did the best I could to keep him calm until the paramedics arrived. He wasn't allergic to the bee-stings ,but he still ended up being one of the 5 that went to the hospital in this story. http://www.themonitor.com/news/mcallen-62268-attack-bee.html

    As far as the rest of the story is concerned everything ended up relatively well. My co-worker was just released from the hospital and is faring much better ( the wonders of pain medication and anti-histamines). I walked away relatively unscathed and was still able to return to the job site to recover the rest of the tools that we left behind. Thank God for these blessings.

    What really got me the most out of this was how calm I was while I was helping to take care of my co-worker even while he was in pain and was agitated. He was responding to the aid that I gave him and was pretty cooperative while I searched his head and removed all the stingers that I could see. I really value the knowledge that I acquired in the one year of medical school that I attended. I was glad that I was able to implement some of that knowledge to help out a friend. I really am praying that I am able to continue my education so I could help out people in this capacity. The stings of life have made my vision to my goal blurred , speech slurred, and my will slightly deterred. I thank my friends, family, and other well wishers for keeping me in your prayers, I just ask this small favor in that you still keep me in there sometimes. I will get there by the grace of God I will get there.

-Prostudent4life

5 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our the purpose is to share the reviews about the latest Jackets,Coats and Vests also shre the related Movies,Gaming, Casual,Faux Leather and Leather materials available Cyberpunk 2077 Wolf School Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. Loki Jacket

    ReplyDelete