Sunday, July 17, 2011

MD II

Hey guys

It has been a long time since my last post a lot has changed. I am about to start taking my 3rd set of block exams for my MD II ( 1st year - 2nd semester medical student ). I must say that it all has been a blur. The material to be covered has been atleast 3x more than last semester.  This semester we cover Biochem, Physio, Genetics, and Neuro-anatomy. We started off with a the summer semester on a tragic note, that our medical ethics professor passed away at the beginning of the semester and with his wife ( the physiology professor ) she had to return back home to family. The loss of two caring and kind people in less than 2 weeks into the semester was tough and thus our school had to adjust as whole. The replacement professors for Physiology and Medical Ethics have done a good job considering that they were asked to teach extra classes.

Another new development this semester to reach out to the community was to participate in their amateur basketball league and host a health fair. The basketball league community outreach has its ups ( we get to exercise and circulate all the stress hormones out of our system) and downs ( fouls do not get called our way  a lot. Example: our team gets flagged for 11 fouls on the first 4 mins.) but over all it is a more positive experience because it allows us to interact with the community. The health fair community outreach that just occurred this past weekend started of slowly, but we ended up helping a lot of people with free health care services such as blood pressure check, blood sugar level test, ECG's reading and interpretations, along with educational services such as sexual health and hygiene and free CPR classes.

Overall I feel like my purpose in coming to this island has been renewed through these outreach activities and I genuinely enjoy the classes a lot more this semester. Please keep my classmates and I in your prayers as we finish out our summer semester.

-Prostudent

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the positive feedback

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found one other site having excellent information and thanks for show this site.

    Doctors in Training Step 1 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete