Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Deceptive Calm Before the Storm

Hello Everyone, 

I hope everyone has made it throughout this week relatively unscathed. As for my  progress report will take the same format as my previous post. If you guys could leave some feedback in ways for me to improve the way this blog is structured I am open to suggestions.  My next post will come sometime after monday afternoon because of my upcoming block exams. With that in mind please enjoy the contents of this weeks post. 

Random:
- I started to wear a shirt and tie on Mondays. Instead of my usual comfortable undergrad attire. I decided that since I am in medical school I might as well wear professional looking clothing once a week. The reason why monday made sense was because T-Th I have to deal with the cadaver, and since Fridays are BBQ Fridays and to those of you who knows me, I am a pretty messy eater thus increasing the my workload when it comes to laundry day

This was the first "shirt n' tie mondays" 

-I have neglected to keep up with the cleanliness of my apt within the past two weeks  and here are the results of it
The couch on the left has been my defacto bed because....... 

My actual bed has become my clean clothes hamper haahaha.


-A habit that I picked up in my last year @ SWAU was to always clean up my apartment before exams started.  I just had to clean this sunday to signal the beginning of test week.  I was able to fold clean laundry, do 2 loads of laundry, clean my apartment and stock up on supplies for blocks with all this being done from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p..m. and here are the results of my labor this morning and afternoon. 
This was the rain cloud that prevented me from using my clothesline on the other side of my apartment

Part of my 2.5 loads of Laundry

I took pictures of my clean apartment because it will last longer ahahaha
 

I used FIJI water box to organize my slippers



I actually have a bed now =)

My bathroom has been cleaned =) 
My Block 2 Survival Kit. Don't worry I have an automated defibrilator handy hahahaha.
Stress relief @ 6:20 a.m.
Academic Progress:

Well in my last post I said that I stopped relying on self study and I went and looked for help in the subjects that I am struggling in which are Histology and Embryology. The MD2 histology tutor is pretty good. With her help I was able to do much better in this passed Friday's quiz than the last one. Although it's not as high as I wanted it was a considerable improvement over my last quiz score. I have set up a study group when it comes to preparation for Histology block exams this coming Friday. The results were pretty productive today. I hope that it could continue this entire week and that the results show after Monday.

As far as my progress when it comes to Embryology is concerned it hasn't changed and it has been stagnant. I have requested some private tutoring with the embryology tutor this coming week, because I do not get the full benefit when it comes to large group tutoring. I hope that it will be better and that my grades justify the hours that I have spent in preparing for these two classes would show the grades that I have. 

Anatomy and Ethics are the classes that I am comfortable with but I have set up a small study group in preparation for both of these classes. I look forward to the quiz on Tuesday and I hope that I am able to do well in those classes. 


Personal Progress:

As far as personal progress I think that my messy bed and apartment personified on how I was feeling due to not doing well in my quizzes. As   I was reading this week's lesson I took a little bit of extra time on Friday's lesson. This paragraph was really helpful and insightful and encouraging. Although I still am a little bit worn out from those quizzes I have hope that everything will turn around after I have read this paragraph. 

The power of darkness gather about the soul and shut Jesus from our sight, and at times we can only wait in sorrow and amazement until the cloud passes over. These seasons are sometimes terrible. Hope seems to fail, and despair seizes upon us.In these dreadful hours we must learn to trust, to depend solely upon the merits of the atonement, and in all our helpless unworthiness cast ourselves upon the merits of the crucified and risen Saviour. We shall never perish while we do this---never! When light shines on our pathway, it is no great thing to be strong in the strength of grace. But to wait patiently in hope when clouds envelop us and all is dark requries faith and submisssion which causes our willto be swallowed up in the will of God. We are too quickly discouraged, and earnestly cry for the trial to be removed from us, when we should plead for patience to endure and grace to overcome. ---- Ellen G. White God's Amazing Grace, p.114
Please pray for my family back at home and my classmates so that we may have the patience to endure and the grace to overcome the challenges that are present before us. 

As I have stated before I will not be posting another update until after my block exams. If you contact me and I take a really LONG time to not respond, please understand that I am preparing for my exams and that I am not ignoring you (well it depends on who the person is =P). I pray that everyone have a safe week and that may everyone find that extra reserve of patience to get through this week with grace to overcome it's challenges =). 




1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete